The sun gives life to all beings on earth, including us humans, and we certainly wouldn’t exist without it. The sun is responsible of a process called photosynthesis, witch is a chemical process whereby plants that contain chlorophyll capture radiant energy from the sun, and use carbon dioxide and water from the environment to then convert the sunlight to food (glucose), while at the same time creating oxygen and water. The sun also provides our bodies with vitamin D and of course the light and warmth that we experience everyday. The sun truly is magnificent! Did you know that there is a way that you can experience even more of what the sun has to offer? You can do so by adding this simple practice into your daily routine, its called Sun Gazing.The practice of sun gazing has some amazing benefits, not only for your physical health, but also for your mental development. Let me list you some:
- Relief of stress and tension
- Increased energy
- helps your brain produce serotonin and melatonin
- Reduces hunger pains
- Stimulation of the pineal gland
- increased intelligence
- completely removes aches and pains from body
- Increased human potential
The act of sun gazing means to stare at the sun for a short period of time, during what are known as safe hours during the day, either during the first hour of the sunrise, or the last hour before the sun sets.
Here is the method for sun gazing:
- Start with maximum of 10 seconds on the first day, look directly at the sun during the safe hours.
- Stand barefoot on bare earth, This helps to keep you grounded.
- As you are staring at the sun visualize the energy coming into your body and filling all your cells with light.
- On the second day gaze the sun for 20 seconds, and each day after that continue adding 10 seconds to the previous day.
- Continue this daily until you have reached 44 minutes. This should take between 9-10 months. this is all you need to gain the benefits described above from sun gazing.
- After this you will need to walk bare foot on bare earth for 45 minutes each day for the 6 days following the completion of the 9-10 months of sun gazing.
- From here on, just continue to walk barefoot on the earth, under the sun whenever you feel like.
during the process keep track of your progress and note how you are physically and mentally feeling.
spending time doing something for yourself every day in nature can have some amazing benefits to your well-being. It would be great to hear about your experiences! If anyone would like to share their story or can share some useful information please do so in the comment section below.